Monday, April 7, 2014

So much for the weekend lie-in! ‘Annoyed’ dad records hilarious Vines of his 4-year-old daughter’s energetic early morning antics every Saturday for three months

Every parent knows what it’s like to be woken up early on a weekend morning by kids bursting with youthful energy. 
One Massachusetts dad summed up the feeling brilliantly by using Vine to capture his 4-year-old daughter rocking out to pop-music every Saturday for three months. 
Vine user Bottlerocket, whose real name is Tony, recently combined all of the Vines into one to make a video that has since gone viral – with over 540,000 views.
Scroll down for video
article-2598158-1CE24DA700000578-931_634x633
Dad needs another cup of coffee: Vine user Tony has been filming his daughter’s early morning antics every Saturday for the last three months
The videos show a disgruntled Tony, 38, staring into the camera as his youngest daughter jumps, leaps and boogies in the background to artists like Lady Gaga, Rihanna and One Direction – sometimes smacking her dad in the head with dolls or other toys.Of course, it’s all in good fun as Tony told Buzzfeed he is not at all annoyed by his youngest daughter. 
He says he started filming the Vines a few months ago when his daughters, 7 and 4, started taking a dance class every Saturday morning.
article-2598158-1CE24C5900000578-694_634x588
Morning girl: The videos show Tony’s youngest daughter, 4, jumping around and dancing to pop music while he looks annoyed
article-2598158-1CE246D500000578-157_634x614
 Origin: 38-year-old Tony, from outside Boston, Massachusetts, started taking the videos when his daughters started dance classes
article-2598158-1CE2470100000578-437_634x620
Daddy-daughter time: His wife would leave him at home for an hour in the morning to take their oldest daughter to class, while he stayed behind until it was time to take the 4-year-old to her own classarticle-2598158-1CE249F200000578-799_634x623
La la la: Tony’s 4-year-old sings a Rihanna song while he looks on
The 7-year-old would go to dance class first with mom, while he was left behind with the younger daughter at home before her class started.
‘She requests her playlist on Spotify EVERY Saturday morning. I started to film my reactions to her songs and dancing while I was checking my email and messages in the morning, having my coffee, or just generally trying to wake up on the weekend

‘Of course, I added the annoyed look to make them funnier. My daughter DOES NOT annoy me,’ he said. 
While most get the humor behind his videos, he has been hit with a few negative comments about his parenting.
article-2598158-1CE24A7900000578-142_634x615
Don’t get the joke: Tony says he records the Vines in good humor, but some have negatively commented on his parenting
article-2598158-1CE24A7100000578-786_634x610
Ouch: Daddy doesn’t appreciate being hit with a doll
One YouTube user with the screenname Timmy Vindiesel recently wrote: ‘Look at him on the computer instead of hanging out with his kid.’
‘I couldn’t believe some of the negative comments coming in on YouTube, some people believing that I ignored my daughter for the entire day,’ Tony responded. 
‘These Vines are such a snap shot of daily life, and are meant to entertain. I try to show the funny side of being dad. I love hearing from other dads on the app as well, so many of them message me and say great things. The main goal is to entertain my family and my friends, every thing that comes after is a bonus!’ he said. 
If anything, the Vines seem to be a form of daddy-daughter bonding. 
‘So many people enjoyed these Vines, that I started filming them every Saturday. I tried to catch her doing something funny behind me, and she loves to watch herself on camera, so I immediately show her right after,’ Tony said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment